Wednesday 19 October 2011

Magazine Proposal

I propose to create a heavy metal/rock magazine focusing more on the heavy metal side as it is more intriguing for me, I am loosely basing my magazine on “Kerrang!” a popular and very well known brand name magazine. It will be very eccentric and different to encompass the ideas of the “different” fans of heavy metal. My magazine will entail; music news (such as current band affairs and new bands) as well as gig reviews, upcoming gigs and interviews.

My magazine will be loosely following the style of “Kerrang!” in the sense that it will have a ‘house theme’; a recurring theme every month  that  will help create a brand identity that readers will be able to recognize over time.
My magazine competition involves people sending in their best and most excellent photos from any heavy metal/rock gig they’ve been to and if they win they will get 2 free tickets to a pre-determined gig of a famous heavy metal band, the band will change each month.
My magazine would be aimed at a young generation who perhaps go to university although there would be many people who were interested in the magazine despite the target audience being specific to 20 year olds. They would generally be ‘metal-heads’ who constantly listen to music while travelling to work or gigs on the underground. The target audience will particularly enjoy Heavy Metal that is not over the top with screaming but with good quality metal and good quality singing.

My magazine will be relatively cheap at the affordable price of £2.50, unless they subscribe. If people subscribe via credit card their magazines will be sent to them for the low price of £2.20. It will be released once a month on the last day of the month so everyone will know what has happened that month and also what’s coming up in the next month. Therefore; people who choose to subscribe will get their magazines cheaper than if they bought it from a shop every month.  People will be able to subscribe in multiple ways; online, by phone and by post. All they need to do is sign up and enter their credit card details. My magazine would preferably be published by “Bauer Consumer Media” as they publish a few different kinds of metal magazines so they would be
supportive in my endeavours to create the next big music magazine.

I feel my magazine will succeed as I am a fan and enjoy the style of music much more. As I am such a big Metal enthusiast I foresee that I will put more effort into my work to create something to a high standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment