Monday 3 October 2011

Creating key magazine pages

When designing my Front cover and contents page I decided to not focus on the colour aspects but to just get the design ready and have a basic concept of what I was going to create.
I envisioned a masthead that had 3 different fonts in order to show the irony of the “new news” but I also wanted the title to entail “School” so it stood out to kids in school and suggested it was a school newspaper.
The image I wanted for the front cover was of a teacher screaming in rage which I would Photoshop with flames in their eyes and smoke protruding from their ears. To really catch the readers attention, making them want to purchase the magazine.
The main sell line; “How to avoid the wrath of teachers” fits in with the picture of an ‘Insane’ teacher to make the reader more interested in what’s going on.
When it came to adding colour into my front cover I found that a gradient was the best way to emphasise the title and the sell lines but they can be different colours. I found that the gold/yellow writing stood out more on everything from white to green so I decided to use it for the title and sell lines, only changing the font and size to differentiate the 2.





I intended my contents page to be vibrant to ensure that people would read it and not just skim over it like most people might.
The masthead “Adele – coming to visit!!” is in a big, bold, impact font to attract the most attention, its also backed by a red background with an effect to make it more aesthetically pleasing to the reader; attracting yet more attention.
The sell lines are all in the same gold/yellow fonts to keep with the colour scheme and still stand out on everything. They are separated into groups; “Exclusives” and “Reviews” to make it easy for the intended reader to distinguish between the 2”
The main Image is of Adele. It’s an over the shoulder shot, heavily make upped and photo-shopped to make her look better and seem more appealing to everyone.
I attempted to keep the colour schemes the same in the contents page as the front cover but change the design of how they look to seem new and different. The blend of colours work well together to assure the main sell line sticks out more than the rest, however, they stick out as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment