Tuesday 6 December 2011

Diary Entry Week 10


After completing my Music Magazine proposal and mood-board, I then started working on my name ideas, colour scheme and colour connotations, and audience profile.

I created a list of potential names for my magazine. These names were words related to music in general. From my list of 29 possible magazine names, I cut it down to 5; 'Beat', 'Treble', 'Rhythm', 'RAW' and 'Forte'. Eventually, I decided on 'RAW'. The reason behind this was because of the several meanings behind the name. It expresses possibly the most important aspect of a successful band/artist and one of the most important elements of music. As the majority of my magazine is dedicated to unsigned talent, it also subconsciously mean that the magazine provides ‘RAW’ metal music.

For my colour scheme, I decided on Black, White and Red. Although they are contrasting colours, they also complement each other nicely, as they stand out when together, which is important in a successful magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment